Thursday 2 October 2008

Wait for it, wait for it...............its a new post!!!

Hi Char-blog fans (Madge, Anna, Mom, Francie and Dad...Anthony? Christina?). Anywho, I would like to apologize for posting ONCE last month. My goal for October is two posts at least (and yes, this one obviously counts). Not sure what to talk about.....I have been working hard but doing plenty of fun things lately as well. September was a month for trips to Ireland for me. I went one weekend for William's little sis's 21st birthday party. I had a pre-party dinner at Marios with everyone's favorite newlyweds and then F and I headed to Strad for the partay. The dj was great and Francie and I tore up the dance floor, mostly with William's younger cousins. A couple weeks later I was back in the land of sheep for another party- F and B's second wedding reception! Complete with an old car to drive them to the hotel, it was an extremely well put-together evening. A red carpet was rolled out for them to walk into the hotel on and we all had a champagne toast right before entering. The cake was brought out with sparklers lit and our very own Reesa Dalbotten sang I Cross My Heart for Francie and Bobby's dance. Stine and I joined her for Shoop Shoop directly after (we were back up singers) and I must honestly say I don't think the Irish knew quite what to think of us! It was a fab fab night, full of dancing and of course, a sing-song that lasted into the wee hours. I would say the only slight downfall of the night was that Noreen had to (literally) sew me into my bridesmaid dress. It was a sticky zipper (I swear, I didn't get fat in between wedding receptions!!) that only zipped two-thirds of the way up. Luckily Noreen had some perfectly matching green thread to sew me up. I really should have taken a pic- it was pretty hilarious! I will now try to steal some pics of the night off Thomas's facebook because I think he's the only one who has posted any and I took maybe 1 pic the entire time. We also put on lots of bronzer so see if you can tell. PS- listening to So Long Cowboy. Rich Kay, if you're out there- it's one of your best. A classic really!






2 comments:

Grassyllama said...

A NEW BLOG. Have I died and gone to heaven???!??!?!?!

Keep it up, gurrrl!

I remember your sticky zipper- thank GOD for Noreen!

AJK said...

cute pics!!! I did not hear reese sang cross my heart! touching.