Tuesday 7 October 2008

Just a spoonful of sugar


William and I went to Mary Poppins the musical on Friday. It was fabulous!!! So, so good and yes, she did fly through the audience on her umbrella. Classic! The musical is touring now after being on in the West End for awhile. Mary and Bert were the best, obviously, but the kids (Jane and Michael) were actually so good, too. Not just their singing but their acting as well, which was a bit unexpected because sometimes the child actors are really cute but lacking in the acting department. Did anyone know that when the book came out in 1934 there were 2 other kids in the Banks family as well??? Baby twins. How cute! Wonder when they got cut. I didn't read far enough on Wikipedia to find out. William and I spent the bus ride home from the playhouse trying to spell supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

4 comments:

AJK said...

so fun! I am going to try and see Lion King- it's here in Feb!

Grassyllama said...

I am so jealous- one thing I have not done enough in my life is go to plays. We'll have to go to one next year when I am over there.

keep up the blogging. I love it!

Nancy said...

Welcome back Kotter!! Mary Poppins- now there's a wonderful gal. Would love to see it live!!

The Quiet One said...

Didn't know about the baby twins thing, thats interesting.