Monday 13 October 2008

Euro radio

I often listen to the radio while I feed/split my cells (too difficult to explain- a scientific 'experiment' for those of you know aren't familiar with lab talk). It's great to listen to the radio during that time because the work doesn't usually require a lot of thought so I can zone out and rock out to the radio. HOWEVER, I have noticed an odd trend in the music they play here. There are the typical current hits but then every hour or two they play songs like Ironic and Drops of Jupiter. Who even sings Drops of Jupiter? It makes me cringe every time I hear it, so basically once or twice a day depending on how long it takes me to do my cells. They LOVE Alanis. It's not just Ironic, but they play all her other old hits too. It's odd yet at the same time a nice blast from the past.

What song I'm really loving though is So What, by Pink. Makes me think of Ab Nelson, who has always been a huge Pink fan.

6 comments:

AJK said...

I am into that Pink song as well. And I HATE drops of jupiter- HATE IT

Grassyllama said...

TRAIN sings Drops of Jupiter- you have been abroad waaaaay too long if you don't know that.

"Meet Virginia" is and always will be there only hit. Drops of Jupiter sucks so much it makes my blood boil- ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Maybe it's because it makes no since. Drops of Jupiter??? Seriously? In her hair? what??!??!

EMAR said...

LOVE the use of graphics! Miss you.

Christina Padden said...

I LOVE that song too and I always think of Ab Nel. I hung out with her in Portland the other day and saw her new place. It's so cute!

Francie said...

Needless to say B-bop, the lover of all horrible songs, LOVES Drops of Jupitor. "For better or worse" just brought on new meaning! That song blows.

Abby said...

I LOVE PINK!!!!! Thank you for the shout-out Charsy. She is timeless. Also, Francie, I am curious to know if Bobby likes Marc Anthony, who I know is a favorite of yours.